Monday, January 24, 2011

this week in review

I want to be two things: the girl that thought of making this on my own and the kinda girl that rocks this outlandish, bobily, jewellery all day, without it making me so frustrated from the hits to the face and teeth it has provided.
I am trying to make myself stick to a theme of glazing and develop it so I am not constantly all over the place and disapointed or frustrated with the results. So I made a huge batch of white, semi matte glaze and now I can't stop looking at glossy colours with envy.
I first thought this was just cute, which it is but then it struck me. There are some mornings that are too hard to start by staring at the proverbial acorn/seed/thing you desire just out of reach. I now my reality, I do not need to be reminded. Also, could I eat my cereal out of this, scrapping my spoon past his little hairy claws?
 Although I am over faux animal heads mounted on walls I am not over the texture that wood scraps bring to a room. 
 Something in me thinks I can make this out of rebar. THe secret desire to be a welder in me surfaces.

Ok, so I know the whale makes this creepier than one would want for a kids painting, so feel free to remove all creepiness from the painting as I am doing. There is a sweet moment that could be captured. Night, light, girl, forest and then add something comforting.
 I keep looking at grey as a paint colour and can't decide if I really like it or hate it.  I like how the whimsical mural, all in blues add a softness or calmness.

No comments:

Post a Comment